Healthy, West African & Wise™ is the first ever diet and lifestyle book written specifically for people of West African origin, and provides tailored solutions to the diet- and lifestyle-related health issues facing people of West African origin today.
Written by an expert in the field of nutrition and health, this unique book shares important information about:
- Why chronic health conditions like diabetes, obesity and hypertension are becoming increasingly common in people of West African origin.
- What you and your family can do to prevent and manage these conditions.
- How to avoid cultural stumbling blocks to good health.
- Healthy tips for cooking the foods you love and enjoy, and advice for healthy and savvy shopping.
- Making healthier choices when eating out – no matter the cuisine.
- Practical steps for overcoming barriers to being physically active.
- Sample recipes with nutritional analysis.
- Portion size guides for West African foods…and much, much more.