The much anticipated launch of the Healthy, West African & Wise™ -The Complete Guide to a Healthy West African Diet and Lifestyle and the accompanying Healthy, West African & Wise™ Food Guide took place on Friday the 11th of March 2011, in the Great Hall of the King’s Building, Strand in the heart of the City of London. It was a fantastic success with many well-wishers who knew the author in a professional capacity in attendance.
The occasion was also graced by:
- His Excellency, Mr Tamba M. Ngegba, Deputy High Commissioner of Sierra Leone to the UK and Northern Ireland;
- Representatives of The British Dietetic Association (the author’s professional association);
- Representatives of King’s College London (the author’s alma mater);
- Representatives of Weight Watchers;
- Patricia Macauley, Head of Cultural Diversity, The UK Government’s Central Office of Information.
Also in attendance were representatives from national charities like the British Heart Foundation, Sickle Cell Society and Stroke Association, all of whom provide support for health conditions that are prevalent in the West African community.
The event was supported by Wanis, a specialist importer of African and Caribbean foods who provided items from their Tropical Sun brand for the goody bags received by guests at the occasion.
A wide range of healthcare professionals including dietitians, doctors, nurses and public health specialists from NHS Southwark, NHS Hammersmith & Fulham, King’s College NHS Foundation Trust and the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
The Voice Newspaper was also present and will be featuring author Angela Tella in a special supplement which will be available on the 21st of April 2011. Pictures of the event can be viewed at the official Healthy, West African & Wise™ Facebook page while copies of both books can be purchased securely via the brand new Healthy West African website.